As a service designer you facilitate service innovation- and design processes. You listen to the opportunities that customer sees, and test them with end users. You translate these insights into the design of a new service concept. You show confidence and are able to motivate clients towards untouched paths.
Knowledge and skills
- You breathe user-centred design.
- You have an empathic mind-set and are curious by nature.
- You are fascinated by (digital) technologies but can work without them too.
- You are able to work on multiple projects at the same time and can easily switch between projects.
- You combine an analytical mind with strong communication skills to inspire and convince different people.
- You guide people through a process by organising interactive workshops and train them through coaching and training sessions.
- You have 1 to 3 years of professional experience.
- You speak Dutch and English, French is a plus.
* We are looking for these competences, but do not expect that you have them all (yet).
The life of a Service Designer
As a service designer, you help organisations to market new services and improve existing services. You facilitate workshops with the customer in which you capture all existing information of the project. You also perform qualitative research about the needs and wishes of the users of the service. Then you bring these insights together and translate them into a new service concept. You outline the idea without losing yourself in the details. With enthusiasm you present the concept to the customer and inspire them to further develop it.
In addition, you are so convinced by service design principles that you like to share them with others in training sessions and internal coaching. You like to stimulate change in a corporate culture and you get the best out of people.
You are a team player who is not afraid to regularly request feedback from your colleagues and customers. You have a strong vision but are flexible enough to process new information and optimise a concept.
- You have a strong graphical portfolio
- You are captivated by creative business models
- You are up to date with trends and technology
What Peel has to offer
- Lots of freedom & responsibility
- A large variety of projects and sectors
- Lots of space for research and knowledge gathering
- An inspirational workspace at House of Innovation (hoi.be)
- Free sandwiches during lunch
- The craziest parties
At Peel, you work with a team and a network of experts that combine different backgrounds and perspectives in design, business, human sciences and technology.
The values we all share:
- Curiosity: It is more important to ask good questions than to know everything.
- Boldness: Patterns and habits are there to be questioned.
- Kindness: We walk our talk by attaching a lot of importance to customer satisfaction.
How to apply
Send your cv, cover letter and examples of your work to email@example.com.